Saturday, August 6, 2011

Kualoa Ranch and Hanauma Bay

Soo Mrs. Abby and I had a very fun filled weekend last weekend. We went to Kualoa Ranch on the Windward side of Oahu. Kualoa is a huge ranch where a ton of movies have been filmed. Everything from Pearl Harbor to 50 Firsts Dates to Lost to Jurassic Park have been filmed on the ranch. We got to tour the movie sites and enjoy the beautiful views. It was really fun, though I was ignored by the bus driver when he asked if anyone knew the name of the state fish of Hawaii and I shouted it out. It's Humu Humu Nuku Nuku Apua'a in case anyone was wondering. Then on Sunday we went to Hanauma Bay again. Luckily my underwater camera was fixed so I got some amazing video. I had a life long dream come true that day as well. I have always dreamed of swimming with wild green sea turtles and I got to swim with 6!!! It's in the video below. I also saw a wild eel, which was kind of scary because we were told they can be aggressive, but overall is was an amazing weekend full of adventures!!
Our Tour Bus




The statue behind Abby is going to be used in an upcoming movie. They didn't tell us the name of it though.




Picture of the Hukilau Cafe site for 50 First Dates being built on the Ranch


Me Pretending to be terrified of a possible Godzilla foot crushing
Godzilla was Here!!
Road where Drew Barrymore ran over the penguin in 50 First Dates


There's a Goat in a Tree!!

The Haunauma Bay Snorkeling Gang Abby, Courtney, me, and Shelly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment