Friday, June 3, 2011

Adventures on my First Weekend Off

Well I made it. I worked at the park 11 days straight before I got my first off days (this is extremely uncommon there was just a schedule shift that really messed up my days off). So Saturday I just took my sweet time to move into my room (pictures of my room will be posted later since my roommate is moving in and its just really unorganized right now). Sunday me and the trainer I live with, Shelly, and her husband and one of the old Spring 2011 interns at Sea Life Park took a trip up to North Shore. We ate at something called a shrimp truck, literally shrimp cooked and served out of these very hippie looking vans, but apparently that is a big part of visiting North Shore is to eat at one of the shrimp trucks and I have to admit it was really good. We decided to go to Waimea Bay and just spend the day laying out on the beach. The big thing to do on Waimea Bay beach is jump off this huge 25ft rock that is in the bay. Shelly and Catlin did it, but I learned my lesson the last time I thought it would be fun to jump off something much smaller than this rock. It was a nice relaxing day at the beach just like it should be here in Hawaii. When we left the beach we went by a somewhat famous shaved ice place on the North Shore called Matsumoto's it's famous not only for having some of the best shaved ice I've ever tasted but also because Matsumoto's is a favorite and frequent stop for Tom Hanks, Adam Sandler, and Jack Johnson when they are on Ohau. We ended the day by eating in Waikiki at the Cheesecake Factory. I'd never eaten there before but it was amazing and the variety of food you could choose from was insane, not to mention the piece of strawberry cheesecake I got was out of this world. The following are just some fun pictures from the weekend and a video of Shelly and Catlin jumping off the rock.











No comments:

Post a Comment