Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekend in Waikiki

Aloha!!
Last weekend Abby and I had a fun filled Sunday. We started our day early and went to the Swap Meet at the Hawaii Aloha Stadium. At the Swap Meet you can get basically all the good touristy stuff they sell in Waikiki for like 1/3 of the price. You can also get a bunch of good legit Hawaiian jewelery and other goods. I basically got all my gifts for friends and family there. Abby and I also discovered the amazingness that is homemade local Hawaiian bread. Nothing sold by any company at any store could top the taste...or the price we got the two huge loafs for. After the Swap Meet we went to the Waikiki Aquarium which was really fun even though we kinda work at place with the same kind of sea life everyday!! Then we just went and explored downtown and looked at all the little side street performers and artists. We saw some African Penguins at the Hilton Waikiki Village. I opened another oyster shell and got twin black pearls!!! I made them into two gorgeous pendants...I know earrings would be the obvious choice but since I don't have my ears pierced that wasn't really an option. We had soo much fun walking around in the craziness that is downtown Waikiki at night. Pictures and videos below :)
A Coconut Drink at the Swap Meet






On Waikiki Beach with Diamond Head in the Background


Me and Abby at famous Dukes Statue in Waikiki

When walking down the strip in Waikiki random guys will put Parrots on you and offer to take your picture..then they will ask for a $5 donation for bird food. I think these two cute pictures are worth it

Though I am smiling in my mind I'm thinking "Please don't bite me!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment