Saturday, July 2, 2011

New Experiences and Last Weekends Adventure


Aloha Everyone!!! 
Sorry it's been a while since I blogged. Life has been really busy. There is always something fun or crazy going on at my house, and we are getting much more hands on experience with the dolphins at Cove. So far I have gotten to feed out (give the dolphin it's dinner) Nani, and Kekaimalu our wholphin. I have also gotten to receive some of the animals which means a trainer gives the dolphin a signal to go to a certain place and I tap the water to let them know specifically who and where to come to and when they pop up in front of me I feed them fish and reinforce them for coming to the correct place. I was also lucky enough to get the opportunity to station our dolphin Itsi Bitsi. Stationing is where the dolphin sits in front you in the water and when they are moving around other animals you have your dolphin target (or put their rostrum) on your hand so they know that they are staying and not going with the other dolphins. Anyway back to my adventures last weekend. Me and Abby decided to be very touristy and go to the Dole Plantation and Macadamia Nut Farm on Oahu. The Dole Plantation was fun. They have these little booths where you can choose an oyster and open it to see if there is a pearl inside (there pretty much always is a peal). Anyway I did it and got a pink pearl out of my oyster and decided to make it into a ring so that I can have a cool more personal piece of jewelry to remember this experience. Then Abby and I decided to go to the Macadamia Nut Farm. When we got there we found out the tours didn't run on Sunday, but it wasn't a complete waste we still got to try the free samples, look at some chickens, and the drive to the farm took us on Highway 3 which is one of the prettiest drives on the windward side of the island. Here are some pictures from the weekend and a video of the drive :)


Can you see the tiny pineapple?

They have this amazing ice cream like dessert they make called Dole Whip. It is amazing!!!

I'm glad there are at least a few people out there who get why this is funny :)
My new pearl ring, with Nadal in the background winning his Wimbledon match :)


Abby and I make great pineapples

Me outside the Macadamia Nut Farm holding up a postcard of the Windward Oahu drive we just went on

No comments:

Post a Comment