Saturday, July 16, 2011

An Era Ends in Hawaii

Well, last night something that started almost 12 years ago came to an epic close. In sixth grade my Reading Teacher, Mrs. Doreflinger, (and yes that was her real name), began reading us a new book called ''Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone''. Last night Erin, Abby, and I, who have all been avid Potter fans from the beginning, ended the Harry Potter era of our lives here in Hawaii when we watched the final movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. It was, as always, amazing, epic, funny, and sad. It was odd when we were walking out of the movie to realize that something that had been a part of pretty much half our lives was over. Moving on to less dramatic news, I got another surprise bouquet of flowers from Thomas yesterday, and with us only having 5 weeks left til the internship is over. The flowers, or at least parts of them, will probably be on my nightstand until I leave.
Erin, Me, and Abby waiting to go into the last Harry Potter Movie

The nightstand in my room with Thomas' flowers, the monkey mom sent me and all my little goodies from my Hawaiian Adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment