Monday, May 16, 2011

Aloha from my new Island Home

Well I did it...I got up this morning at 3am Alabama time and left my small town life for a summer in Oahu Hawaii. I said my sad goodbyes to my mom and fiancee and walked behind the TSA check point...with my Tri-beta Bio-hazard shirt on, which I now realize is probably not the best thing to wear when one is spending all day walking around various airports. The flight from Huntsville to Dallas was good, although I'm pretty sure the guy beside me was getting motion sickness. Then a 4 hour lay over in Dallas where I simply walked around in various shops and had a nice lunch at Bennigins. It was kinda lonely and kinda scary to know that I was that far away from anyone I knew if something happened, but at the same time it was a level of independence I have never felt before, it was odd but cool. Then came what I am told was only an 8 hour plane ride although to me it felt like I was on there for double that time. It probably didn't help that I got a seat in the center of the plane scrunched in between three other rows of people on either side, and the one movie I was actually interested in watching on the plane was Shrek and it was in Spanish!!! I landed in Honolulu at 4:20pm Hawaii time so add five hours to that to get Alabama time and as I am writing this right now it is 10:30pm Hawaii time so again add 5 hours and you'll see how long I have been awake. I am living with a couple of really cool trainers in Hawaii Kai. The first day of the internship starts Tuesday!!!  This trip has taught this shireling so much already but like Bilbo said "The Road Goes Ever On and On". My traveling is done but my adventure is just beginning. 
The following pictures are various views from the condo I am living in:



This last picture is just a really cool hand painted sign that the trainer I'm living with has up by the TV. It is a bunch of different painted images that spell the word "Aloha"

No comments:

Post a Comment